masthead About Us

1911
   Civic league was founded.
1916
   Name change to the Waxhaw Woman's Club.
1924
  "Nights of Lights" electricity in Waxhaw.
1935
   Bought Austin House: borrowed $340.
1939
   Purchased building across the street from Dr. & Mrs. W.R. McCain. $8,000 and Men's Club helped.
1945
   Woman's Club sponsored first actual library. Name change to Waxhaw Community House for Federal funds.
1958
   Withdrew from State and Federal federations. "New face" on front of building.
1961
   First Antique Show.
1965
   Became auxiliary to Waxhaw Historical Festival and Drama Association.
   First "Listen and Remember" on street in front of club building.
1970
   Belk Building was donated by the Belk Family.
1977
   Renovation of Belk Building from early 70's until burning of mortgage.
1978
   Building sold to town of Waxhaw for $10 to relieve taxes.
1981
   Dedicated new library in front of Waxhaw School.
   Town Board bought property for $2,500.
3-11-1989
   Centennial Celebration of founding of Waxhaw.
1990
   90th Birthday party of Lois Sims.
1999–2001
   Remodeled kitchen in club building.
2001
   Elegant tea to celebrate 90th birthday of Woman's Club.
4-27-2006
   Sold building at 109 E. N. Main St. for $362,391.65.
   Moved to Belk Buidling at 200 E. S. Main St.
2009
   Groundbreaking for addition to Belk Building.
2010
   Renovation/Addition completed.
2011
   Celebrating 100 years with the Waxhaw Woman's Club.